KiK Messenger for PC
Kik Messenger is an instant messaging application for smartphones, which allows the user to send and receive instant messages through internet either via Wi-Fi or mobile data. Kik Messenger was launched by a group of students from University of Waterloo in 2009 and over the years it has become one of the most popular instant messaging applications. As of May 2014, Kik Messenger has over 120 million active users. The application is modeled after BlackBerry’s Messenger and it is available for free on multiple platforms including iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
Kik Messenger can be used to communicate with friends, send text messages, share pictures and videos through internet for free. Kik Messenger also features Group Chat and users can create different groups and chat with multiple users at the same time. Kik messenger has a very simple and user-friendly interface and it is very easy to use. To start using the application, users must register with a unique username. Kik Messenger also features themes, smiley and stickers, which improves the chatting experience drastically. Kik Cards is another interesting feature of the application that allows the user to search and share YouTube videos and Reddit images with friends without any additional download.
Installing Kik Messenger for PC
Many of the users want to use Kik Messenger on their computers running Windows 7, 8/8.1 or Mac OS, unfortunately it is not officially available on any of these operating systems. Even though the application is built specifically for smartphones, using Kik Messenger for PC is still possible.
To use Kik for PC, all you need is a stable internet connection and a PC with Windows or Mac operating system. Please follow the steps given below to install and use Kik for PC.
- First step is to install an Android emulator like Bluestacks on your PC. Bluestacks is an Android emulators, which allows the user to install and use most of the Android applications on a PC with Windows or Mac operating system.
- Once Bluestacks is installed, configured and ready to use, open it and type Kik Messenger in the search bar on the top of the screen and click on find to search the application.
- After the search is complete, look for Kik Messenger in the search results and click on the install button next to it.
- If you have followed the instructions correctly, Bluestacks will now download and install Kik Messenger for PC.
- After the installation is complete, go back to the homescreen and click on the Kik Messenger icon to run the application.
And that’s it, you have successfully installed Kik Messenger for PC and now all you need to do is create an account and start chatting with your friends and family.