Viber is one of the top voice and instant messaging app for mobile phones. It’s available on Android, iOS and other platforms as well. Viber quickly gained reputation due to its free and awesome service to its customers.
One of the best things about Viber is that users who use PC or laptop can also benefit from this wonderful app. Viber on Mac OS X and Viber on Windows are both available. Viber for Mac OS X supports Mac OS X 10.7 and above versions whereas Viber for Windows is compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 versions only.
Installing Viber on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite is very easy that even novice users can do it without any problem. Although, there’s a problem that some users face which we will explain after the installation instructions for Viber app.
Installation Guide for Viber on Mac OS X Yosemite
Viber on Mac OS X Yosemite installation is as easy as it could be. There is no need to install any Android emulators for Mac OS X. All you have to do is follow the steps below to setup Viber on Mac OS X Yosemite
- Download Viber for Mac OS X from the official site. The file is in .dmg format.
- After the downloading is complete, navigate to the folder or the directory where Viber app is downloaded. Double click on the Viber app file and it will open a new window.
- Simply drag the Viber app icon to the right and drop it on Applications folder.
- After the installation is finished, you will now see Viber for Yosemite installed on your Mac OS. The Viber app can be found inside the Application folder on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.
- Launch the app and make sure your Mac OS device is connected to the internet.
- You need to have Viber app installed on your device. Click on Yes in the window that appears in front of you.
- Now on the next window, enter your phone number that you used to register for Viber app service. Click Continue.
- After that, a verification code will be sent to you on your mobile number via SMS. Simply enter that code in the Mac OS X Yosemite Viber application. Wait for few seconds till it verifies the code.
CONGRATULATIONS! You now have working Viber app on Yosemite Mac OS X 10.10. After that, it will sync your contacts from mobile phone to your Viber on Mac OS X.
Issue faced while installing Viber for Mac OS X Yosemite
Previous, Viber didn’t support Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 and users had difficulty setting up the Viber on Yosemite. There’s a way to fix this issue.
- Go to Applications directory.
- Right click on the Viber app icon and select Show package contents.
- Go to Contents folder and open info.plist (you will need a plist file editor installed on your Mac OS X Yosemite). You will see lines of code. Find following lines inside the file.
4. Change the above lines and replace them with these
5. Save the file and launch Viber app again.
So there you go. We hope that we covered every aspect of Viber installation on Mac OS X Yosemite. If you think that we missed out on something about the Viber on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10, leave us comments down below and we will fix that for you.