WhatsApp Messenger is an instant messaging application for smartphones, which is available on multiple platforms including Android, iOS, BlackBerry and Windows Phone. WhatsApp users can send text messages, images, video and audio media to each other through internet. WhatsApp Messenger was launched in 2009 by two former employees of Yahoo!, and in February 2014 Facebook Inc. announced its acquisition of WhatsApp Inc. With over 600 million active users, WhatsApp is the most popular messaging application around the world.
WhatsApp Messenger allows the smartphone owners to communicate with each other for free. All they need is a stable internet connection to send and receive messages. After the success of WhatsApp, many applications were launched including Line, Viber and WeChat, but none of them are as popular as WhatsApp. WhatsApp have a very user-friendly interface and unlike most messengers, users only need to enter their contact number and name to start using the application.
WhatsApp for PC (Windows XP/7/8)
Sadly, WhatsApp for PC is not officially available and if someone does not have a smartphone, they cannot use this amazing application. Here we have a step-by-step guide for WhatsApp free download and installation on a PC using a third party Android Emulator like Bluestacks. All you need is a PC and a stable internet connection.
- First of all, make sure that Bluestacks Android Emulator is installed and ready for use on your PC.
- Run Bluestacks and wait for it to start. Once the Android Emulator is ready for use, type WhatsApp in the search bar on top of the screen and click find to search the application.
- After the search is complete a list of applications will appear, look for WhatsApp Messenger and click on the Install button next to it.
- If you have followed the instructions correctly, Bluestacks Android Emulator will now download and install WhatsApp Messenger on your PC.
That’s it, now all you have to do is go back to the home screen and double click on the WhatsApp Messenger icon to start using it.
Configuration a New Account
When running the application for the first time, WhatsApp will ask you to configure a new account.
- Firstly, it will ask you to select your country from the list.
- Next, it will ask you to enter your personal Phone Number.
- Once the number is entered, WhatsApp will send a Confirmation code on that phone number.
- On the next screen, WhatsApp will ask you to enter the Confirmation code to verify your account. Once it is verified you are ready to use WhatsApp for PC.
Adding New Contacts
Even after installing WhatsApp for PC and configuring your account, one crucial thing is still missing. You don’t have any contacts added to communicate with. To add new contacts on WhatsApp for PC follow the following steps.
- Open WhatsApp Messenger application and click on the menu button on the lower left side of the screen.
- Now, the application will show you four options, just click on second option to show you the Contact List.
- Next, click on Add New Contact button from the menu and add all the necessary details of the contact.
- After adding all the information, just click on Done to save the new contact.
If you have followed the step-by-step guide properly, you now have installed WhatsApp for PC, configured a new account and added new contacts in your contact list. Now you can use WhatsApp for PC anytime to communicate with your friends and family.